Now Hiring: Home Visitor, Early Head Start
How to Apply
Contact the Program Coordinators; Braddock; Contact Mandy Slavich 412-727-1508, Clairton; Angie Bagnato 412-405-8459, McKees Rocks; Sue Stiffler 412-771-2810
Job Location: Family Foundations – Braddock (TCV Community Services), Clairton (The Consortium for Public Education), McKees Rocks (Focus On Renewal)
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
$2,500 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE FOR FULL-TIME POSITIONS*
In our Early Head Start Program, we promote early childhood education and building secure attachments between the infant/toddler and family members. Services are provided in the home, office, and various community settings.
What to Expect
As a Home Visitor, you will form relationships with families and their children ages 0-3. You will be responsible for the establishment of partnerships with family members, program staff and external agencies to assess a family’s strengths and needs.
Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Visiting families in their homes and establishing working relationships. (Currently being completed virtually due to COVID protocols, will resume when advised to in person visits.)
- Collaborate with the site team to design and implement strategies that support compliance with the Early Head Start Performance Standards.
- Promote optimal development of enrolled children across the five child development domains.
- Provide appropriate parent education.
- Provide home visits to informal child caregivers to promote relationships between parents, children, and caregivers and to ensure integration of the individual child development plan into the care giving environment.
- Lead infant/toddler, parent, and other groups in socialization activities 2 times per month.
- Complete child development assessment every 4-6 months.
- Maintain a caseload of 10-12 families.
- If this sounds like something you would be interested in, we would love to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s in Child Development / Early Childhood or degree in related field required
- Act 33/34 Clearances, and FBI Adam Walsh clearance
- Valid Driver’s license
- Full Time (which includes a comprehensive benefits package!)
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive Benefits package (for eligible employees) including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurances
- Paid Time Off & Agency Paid Holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth and development